Olivier Mehani wrote:
On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 10:23:46AM +0200, Paul de Weerd wrote:
I've been trying to find TeX for 4.3 but can not find it in ports.
teTeX is obsolete and unmaintained for more than three years. TeXLive is the next standard TeX distribution for Unix and Unix like operating systems. Thanks to Edd Barret OpenBSD is the first from the family of BSDs to have it as the default TeX distribution. It includes LateX, Pdflatex, Context, and every macro package ever written for TeX.

Edd Barrett has done a lot of work on porting TeXLive, the actively
maintained TeX distribution. This ought to provide you with what
you're looking for.

Are you aware of any no_x11 version?
I am not sure I understand your last question. How can you do typesetting without displaying graphics? TeXLive does not require X for processing but in order to see your document you need to use xdvi, ghostview or something along those lines. Obviously, I am not suggesting that you install X on a DNS server in order to do typesetting. What I am suggesting is that I would expect that you use a desktop machine running X for typesetting.

Best,
Predrag