I just noticed two new ports

graphics/fswebcam and graphics/luvcview

for web cameras. What is the purpose of these two ports if only USB cameras based on
old OV511 and OV511+ chipsets work on OpenBSD?

Is actually possible to port
Video 4 Linux driver to OpenBSD.
I would suspect that spca5xx driver (a component of V4L) and phpsview (philips USB camera) drivers could be ported as there are NetBSD and FreeBSD ports of these drivers. But there are far more devices supported by V4L which I believe is very kernel depended.

Does it mean, in the light of the fact that Ekiga recently ported to OpenBSD, that video conferencing via cheap USB cameras will be possible on OpenBSD?

Best,
Predrag Punosevac OKO