[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Okay, I have an interest in this so I tested it quickly just now.

/etc/courier/imapd:  MAXPERIP=1

Connection 1:
% telnet foo.bar.baz 143
Connected to foo.bar.baz.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED]
Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for
distribution information.

Connection 2:
% telnet foo.bar.baz 143
Connected to oolong.backend.invalid.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
%

So I apparently cannot reproduce the failure to enforce MAXPERIP.  This
is 4.3-stable with courier-imap-4.1.1p2-imap_bugs

Read my mail carefully. It says that clicking another folder beyond the MAXPERIP *is* honoured. One way or another, this does not apply for searches.

Sam is terse.  You asked about imapd forking and he answered that.

Yes. He said that it will be one, except of in cases of encrypted link, which will make it two.
Which is not true in this case.

Uwe