On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 02:38:52AM -0400, Brad wrote:
> > I'm trying to build a port (jabberd14-1.6.0b8 from [0], to be precise)
> > on a system on which libtool has already been installed as a binary
> > package:
> > When making the port, though, the system tries to install an older
> > version:
> > Do anyone of you have an idea/explanation or advice about this problem
> > and how to solve it?
> First off.. you did not specify which version of OpenBSD you are using. Based
> on the libtool version you have installed I would guess a snapshot just past
> the 4.0 release.

OpenBSD 4.3, but updated from older version (that used to be a 4.0 fresh
install).

> >From the version of libtool trying to be installed it looks as if the ports
> >tree
> on this system is from 3.6. The ports tree should be updated to match the
> release
> of the base system that you are currently using.

Damnation, you're right. I dug out a port-tree upgrading script and used
it without checking. It actually contains a "cvs -z9 get -rOPENBSD_3_6
-P ports"... Stupid me. Anyway, for the sake of curiosity, where are
these version number defined?

Thanks for your insight.

--
Olivier Mehani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
PGP fingerprint: 3720 A1F7 1367 9FA3 C654  6DFB 6845 4071 E346 2FD1