On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 09:51:20AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> [Stuart Henderson] wrote:
> > On 2009/05/09 18:55, Andr?s wrote:

> > > But there's a package for 1.7, so building it wouldn't be neccesary.
> >
> > How do you think that package is built?
>
> On 2009/05/10 10:25, Andr?s wrote:
> > I need the 1.7 package, not the port, so how the package is build is
> > irrelevant.
>
> If it's irrelevant how the package is built, then just pkg_add from the
> binary packages.
>
> What problem are you actually trying to solve?

I'm fairly certain Andres meant 'the 1.6 package'. There are probably
quite a few people who want 1.6 (probably because of better tool support
or the fact that it's extremely well-tested instead of 'Early Access').

It would be convenient if one could pkg_add jdk-1.7 and then build
jdk-1.6 using that, instead of pkg_add'ing kaffe and building jdk-1.5
before building 1.6.

I don't think it's a big deal (you don't want to wait for 1.6 to be
built anyway, so just start it overnight), but if Kurt is willing to
look into it...

                Joachim