Hello!

According to OpenBSD porting policy, it is "OpenBSD policy is to never update files under /etc automatically. Ports that need some specific boot setup should advise the administrator about what to do instead of blindly installing files."

Well, i have noticed that 'privoxy' and 'tor' install their configuration files into /etc automatically. _Forgive me, if i misunderstand_, but does not this policy cover 'it does not create folders under /etc automatically'? Is it just simple 'it does not touch ANY FILE under /etc though be aware it populates /etc with new folders'?

I was expecting something similar to that: "config files are at ie; /usr/local/somewhere/etc/privoxy" and we advise you to copy them to /etc/privoxy, and add these lines to rc.local"...

For example, installing mysql through ports cleanly advises administrator to add configuraion files.

Regards,
Cem