> On 2009/10/01 17:27, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > > didn't the discussion come out in favor of disabling win32-codecs?
> >
> > If that is what you guys want, then so be it. I did not think a concrete
> > decision was ever met. Shall I remove the comment? Anything else need to
> > be done if we want to do this?

> yeah, the configure options need to be changed.

> > ah, well I suppose it doesn't need to be done now, we can always
> > do that later.

> istr espie was going to check his video archives.  this update was
> started months ago.  imo, it should wait until this gets sorted out,
> because otherwise it will never change.o, it should wait until this gets
> sorted out,
> because otherwise it will never change.

I know that Jake and many other people are in favor of removing
win32-codecs and that we are waiting for Mark's input. I personaly
trust Jake's judgment but for the curious I can produce a content which
MPlayer will not be able to handle without win32-codecs.

It is streaming live TV program which I usually watch

rtsp://helix.beotel.net/encoder/rts1.rm

The MPlayer version from the current is able to play the sound but
will not display video at least on AMD64.

Edd, can you reproduce my claim on your latest version of MPlayer?

Best,
Predrag