> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 12:12:34PM +0400, Alexander Bubnov wrote:
> I am sorry. Really, I don't want to have support here. I just would like to
> know relationship between pkgsrc and original OpenBSD port system.

There is NO relationship! NetBSD didn't have pkgsrc when Theo forked
OpenBSD. OpenBSD ports system was originally inspired by FreeBSD ports.
Maybe Mark can recall what he was exactly thinking when he got idea for
OpenBSD packaging system.

>From the top of my head I am not sure if Alistair Crooks was inspired
by FreeBSD ports as well but I know that he created NetBSD pkgsrc
based on experience he gained creating a packaging system for one
of proprietary Unix-es in mid nineteens. That was a paid job by the way.

All those information are freely available on the net. Just Google
before rubbing people the wrong way.

Best,
Predrag