* Marc Espie [2009-11-12]:
> The main consequence is for porters: when you update things, you have
> to make sure version numbers go forward. If the version numbering
> changes, as happens from time to time, you have to append a v0 to make
> sure it still goes forward.

That's great! Is "forward" defined anywhere? There are many cases where
version numbers change from 1.0alpha -> 1.0rc1 -> 1.0 or something
similar. It would be nice to know when to expect having to add "vN" and
when there is a bug in your algorithm. ;)

cheers,

Nikolay

--
"It's all part of my Can't-Do approach to life." Wally