Hi all-

I sent a version of puredata to the list a year or so ago. Now that
we have sndio, I though to resurrect it and take another look.
I got as far as initializing the backend (I think), but bailed on
the slightly more tricky step of actually shipping the audio around.

The version of the port below is based on the 0.40 port that
jakemsr@ sent to last year's thread. I've updated it for the latest
stable release and you can find it here:

    http://www.lfod.us/~will/pd/pd.tgz

The port above isn't quite right yet; for example, pd seems confused
about the audio API to use when started (even though
USEAPI_PORTAUDIO is defined throughout). Rather than debug portaudio
further, I tried to start on sndio support. At this point, though,
I'm at at limit of my skills (modulo time). ;)

I haven't integrated my stab at sndio support into the port yet, but
recentish versions of the audio backend files are here:

    http://www.lfod.us/~will/pd/s_audio.c
    http://www.lfod.us/~will/pd/s_audio_sndio.c

Anyone interested in sndio-izing pd?

Thanks!