On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 04:04:56PM -0700, Ryan Freeman wrote:
> tested this on two differnet i386 machines and plays great, no issues
> to be seen with this update. thanks to Daniel Dickman!
>
> -ryan

I hate to be a buzzkill, but this doesnt appear to work on sparc64 :(

edd-sparc% chocolate-doom -iwad /usr/local/share/games/doom/doom1.wad
WARNING: No known way to set processor affinity on this platform.
         You may experience crashes due to SDL_mixer.
                         Chocolate Doom 1.3.0
Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon.
zone memory: 0x519e0000, 1000000 allocated for zone
DEH_Init: Init Dehacked support.
V_Init: allocate screens.
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
saving config in /home/edd/.chocolate-doom/default.cfg
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
 adding /usr/local/share/games/doom/doom1.wad
                            DOOM Shareware
 Chocolate Doom is free software, covered by the GNU General Public
 License.  There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
 FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are welcome to change and distribute
 copies under certain conditions. See the source for more information.
M_Init: Init miscellaneous info.
zsh: bus error (core dumped)  chocolate-doom -iwad
/usr/local/share/games/doom/doom1.wad

I also tried using chocolate-setup to disable sound, hoping that the crash would
go away, but with no joy.

I will build adebug version and run gdb on there for you shortly.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk