On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 08:01:39AM +0200, Matthias Guedemann wrote:
> > This looks like you've something left over from a previous build.
> > Please run `make clean' and then rerun the build. (And better wait
> > a little bit, as I'm going to commit some change in a few minutes
> > including a pkgname bump for ghc).
>
> ok, my fault I re-ran make to see the error msg again but cleaned before the
> actual make - I am not that clueless.
> Anyway the problem was still there with 1.31, I fixed it now by removing the
> dependency on ghc-paths from haddock.cabal in ghc-6.12.2/utils/haddock (see
> patch).

But this shouldn't be necessary. lang/ghc BUILD_DEPENDS on
devel/haddock,no_deps:patch, which means that it gets the haddock
sources from devel/haddock including the patch that port has, which
in turn disables the dependency on ghc-paths (if built internally
within the ghc tree).

It may be that I've fucked something in the post-extrac target of
lang/ghc. Can you try the following

cd /usr/ports/lang/ghc
make clean
make extract > extract.log 2>&1

and then send me the extract.log?

> I made a diff file that does the removal by "diff -u file~ file" in the
> pobj/ghc
> directory. I am sure that is not the way to produce a useable patch. What's
> the
> correct command here?

See above; haddock *should* already contain an appropriate patch.

Ciao,
        Kili