On Jun 20, 2010, at 10:02 AM, Kenneth R Westerback <kwesterb...@rogers.com > wrote:

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 09:06:14AM -0500, Marco Peereboom wrote:
On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 03:06:26PM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 07:57:29AM -0500, Marco Peereboom wrote:
You guys should just use scrotwm ;-)

Guess what WM I'm using on my non-{i386,amd64} machines ;-)

Then there is no need to learn another language and you can continue on
lisping ;-)

And now let's start a flame war about weak vs. strong typing, and
a second one about lazy (non-strict) vs. strict evaluation.

I'll play :-)

C has the right semantics for operating system code.

The rest is magic.

Thus proving Arthur C. Clarke correct again, assuming Marco is
admitting that modern languages are sufficiently advanced technology.
:-).

They are complex for complexity's sake so yes.

Earlier I was really refering to you Ken.

Et tu, Ken?

.... Ken

Ciao,
   Kili

ps: funny enough, I never used lisp very much. A little bit scheme,
but almost no lisp.