On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 06:03:40PM +0200, Bernd Ahlers wrote:
> Landry Breuil [Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 06:39:35PM +0200] wrote:
> >it has been asked by some ppl, so here is it done right.. i only did
> >flavors for pgsql/mysql/snmp. Builds and seems to collect stats here,
> >didn't do much more testing nor graph creation here. So please test if
> >you have real environments using it. I might add some
> >--disable/--without configure args for the sake of sanity..
> >
> I did some light testing on amd64 and some tweaks:
>
> - Converted the flavors to subpackages.
> - Disabled all modules by default and explicitly enabled the ones we
>   want.
> - Fixed path in the example config.
>
> Diff and tarball attached.
>
> See also:
> (http://gitorious.org/openbsd-ports-wip/mainline/trees/master/sysutils/collectd)

Nice to see some decent attempts to port this.

I tried it on my own some time ago, but wasn't sure, which
configure-flags to enable and what to do with all the different
databases...

If somebody with a bit more knowledge than me could take a look at
the CPU and memory stats it generates, I'd be happy.

I wrote the patches for these two some time ago, by stealing most of
it from usr.bin/top/top.c. It looks correct, but I'm not 100% sure ;-)

Building it right now, but it takes some time on this box...
--
Simon