I notice that port executables seem to get significantly stale quicker than I thought. At least stuff stops fully working and maybe I should try to rebuild the executables.

Now I do not know of a way for me to automatically rebuild ports that I have previously installed and only those ports. And I am not inclined to do a true bulk build.

Now I tend to favor python and it would seem there is enough information to write a program that would support that kind of limited automatic rebuild. Sort of thinking I might be able to look at port tree make files and see where the executable would have gone and see if the executable is actually there. Keep it simple and generate a script with a lot cd's and make's in it and then execute it.

Does this seem like it would be of use to more than just myself? Any thoughts about the right design and algorithm? Or is there already an obvious to a non-luser way to do this?