On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 11:25:08AM +0200, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Federico G. Schwindt wrote:
>
> > > [..]
> > > Right, so I committed this, but we want to know what is going on in the
> > > threadpool.c diff.
> > >
> > > Where did the magical numbers 0 and 31 come from?:
> > > +    minPriority = 0;
> > > +    maxPriority = 31;
> > > [..]
> >
> >   egrep -r "PTHREAD_M(IN|AX)_PRIORITY" /usr/src//lib/libpthread/uthread/*.h
>
> Of course, but I think the point was whether we wanted to use values
> from private headers since PTHREAD_M(IN|AX)_PRIORITY is not accessible
> from /usr/include.

  that teaches me not to skim over emails. the original code uses
sched_get_priority_min() and sched_get_priority_max() which we don't
have. that'd be the correct way to get those values.
  PTHREAD_MIN_PRIORITY and PTHREAD_MAX_PRIORITY are not standard.
  i don't remember if there is a reason not to have those but i guess
we could provide them since we're already providing some of the realtime
functions.

  f.-