I'm curious about the state of the wine port. I tried to compile under
amd64 last night and it looks like it failed. In my case thats probably
fine since the application I want to run is for x86 anyways. I was
planning on installing i386 tonight but want to make sure it's worth it.
Is wine usable? Can it run simple programs without issue?

Any information would be great, just trying to gage if it's worth moving
to i386 to try running wine. If anyone is interested, the application I
want to try is http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/geneforge5/index.html.
It does work under wine on linux, obviously this don't mean it will work
under OpenBSD as well. Thanks.