[I know ports is in lock, but this is an early stages port that will need
quite some work before it's ready for commit. There are probably better
qualified people than I to take this forward, so early posting seems
sensible.]

Calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application - it
can sync and convert various formats to Kindles and their ilk. It can also
connect to various internet news sources and sync them to an ebook device.

This port is rough and ready - it currently pretends to Calibre that it's
running on FreeBSD to utilise the rudimentary FreeBSD inbuilt support (which
means that there's no nice talk-via-USB support; you can do things manually
by mounting the device yourself in the normal filesystem) and incorporates a
couple of hacky patches from Debian. This is enough to get simple
functionality up and running - I can e-mail files to my Kindle, for example.
Both the port and Calibre itself really need a lot of cleaning up (Calibre
itself is rather tempermental, and can quite easily get its knickers in a
twist; how much of that is a lack of OpenBSD support I haven't yet looked
at), but it does what I need it to.

The port is at:

  http://tratt.net/laurie/src/obsd/ports/calibre.tar.gz

It also needs an updated version of py-cssutils (without it, virtually
nothing works), a patch for which is at:

  http://tratt.net/laurie/src/obsd/ports/py-cssutils.patch

Laurie
--
http://tratt.net/laurie/ -- Personal