On Feb 27, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> With sysmerge -b you have to merge the files manually,
> did you do that (and, if you did that, did you miss merging
> any files?)
>
> In the first few months of /etc/rc.d, things evolved as
> new requirements were identified. If you still have an
> older rc.subr file, you are likely to have some problems.

Sorry for the noise guys, my rc.subr is in sync.  Total PEBKAC.  I
missed following thing:

# mkdir -p /var/run/openldap
# chown -R _openldap:wheel /var/run/openldap
# mkdir -p /var/openldap-data
# chown -R _openldap:_openldap /var/openldap-data

After this slapd started via /etc/rc.d/slapd

I do not know why directories was not created during package
intallation.  There was no message after installation of openldap-server
and there is no readme for it that mentions that thing.