On 24/04/2011 6:58 AM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2011-04-23, Henning Brauer<lists-openbsdpo...@bsws.de>  wrote:
* Stuart Henderson<s...@spacehopper.org>  [2011-04-23 14:41]:
Should we do this or should we rethink allowing sockets to be
bound to broadcast IP addresses?

Why the change in behaviour the first place? Is OpenBSD becoming less portable with socket options?

i have no idea. and that seems to be common for all of us. i really
dunno. anybody?

Unless there are objections I'll commit my samba diff tomorrow,
it can always come out again if anything else changes.

params.c

       {
                .label          = "nmbd bind explicit broadcast",
                .type           = P_BOOL,
                .p_class        = P_GLOBAL,
                .ptr            = &Globals.bNmbdBindExplicitBroadcast,
                .special        = NULL,
                .enum_list      = NULL,
                .flags          = FLAG_ADVANCED,
        },

You may want to set FLAG_HIDE instead of FLAG_ADVANCED so the option doesn't show in swat.

Ian McWilliam.