On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 07:31:09PM +0100, viq wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 07:08:56PM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:
> > NOT_FOR_ARCH changes don't require a bump, they don't change anything
> > in the generated package.
> >
> Thank you. I realized this afterwards, but as some were saying - when in
> doubt, bump! ;)

The rule is as follows: you need to *bump* if an *existing package* changes.

NOT_FOR_ARCHS changes just means that the package won't/will get generated on
some arches.  Any actual package that *was* already generated won't change.

Same rule goes for changes that unbreak things: if it wasn't building, it
didn't exist ;)