Hi,

I tried to address all of your concerns, see below, and attached patch.

On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 16:14 CET, Christian Weisgerber
<na...@mips.inka.de> wrote:

> Pascal Stumpf:
>
> > Here's an updated diff.
>
> I tried to build this on my alpha, which actually has an old SCSI
> CD burner.
>
> * cdda2wav wasn't built at all.
>   (I'll look into the details later...)
I used the suggestion with the MAKE_FLAGS that you gave in the other mail.

> * Some parts (libedc, libmdigest) are built with
>   "-O3 -fexpensive-optimizations".  I think we should kill this.
I used MAKE_FLAGS GCCOPTS="" to override them.

> * I'd prefer patches over the substitutions in pre-configure, but then I
>   don't think there's much of a point.  You aren't unhiding any

I did not made a patch, since in the end, it would have been a huge patch.

>   interesting commands.  Now if you want to fix something there,
>   have it honor $(CC) for dependency generation, too.
>   Cf. archivers/star/patches/patch-RULES_cc-gcc_rul
I added MKDEP and MKC++DEP to the MAKE_FLAGS.

> Also, somebody should build this on a MACHINE != MACHINE_ARCH
> platform (macppc, loongson, sgi), just to be sure that we aren't
> using one variable in a place where schily's idiosyncratic build
> system picks the other one.

just started a build on a vax. we'll see what happens there.

Sebastian