On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 07:24:13PM +0000, Mikolaj Kucharski wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 08:06:38PM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 06:41:09PM +0000, Mikolaj Kucharski wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This is new dependencty for www/p5-WWW-YouTube-Download update to the
> > > latest version (0.38).
> >
> > Port is probably cool, but wtf is p5-WWW-YouTube-Download requiring it
> > by default for ?
>
> The new command line tools (youtube-playlists.pl and
> youtube-download.pl) use Term::ANSIColor qw(colored);
> Download.pm itself doesn't use it.
>
> > This is wrong on so many levels.
>
> If above line means no okay for p5-WWW-YouTube-Download update I would
> like to know how to work with upstream to fix the issue. Could you be
> more specific?

I don't think having color-sequences should be mandatory for this kind of
program.

It would be better if the scripts were to take advantage of
the extra module if it's there, but not require it.

You've got other instances of similar behavior. For instance, the
perl debugger will take advantage of a Readkey module to offer history and
tab completion, but it will still work bare-bones if no Readkey is installed.