I a using FluidSynth 1.0.9 on OpenBSD 5.0. Things generally work,
except that _some_ content of my config file makes FluidSynth
segfault upon reading it.

It seems that this is caused by any router_* command.
For example, a config file containing just 'router_default'
makes FluidSynth segfault.

Each of the commands that have caused a segfault when present
in the config file works OK when issued from within the shell
of a running FluidSynth.

I see this has been observed before ...
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/ticket/43
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/ticket/45

... and fixed upstream 2009:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/changeset/192

Current version upstream is 1.1.5, and presumably fixes this error.
So, before I try to find time for it: is the maintainer planning
to take the port to the current version? I understand this might be
nontrivial, as the whole sndio backend (thank you Jacob) is
the port's patch, not included upstream (plans on that?).

        Thank you for your time

                Jan