On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 15:35:06 +0100, viq <v...@viq.ath.cx> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 09:39:44AM +0100, Landry Breuil wrote:
On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 04:09:32AM +0100, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 17:39:02 +0100, Landry Breuil
> <lan...@rhaalovely.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Fx 10.0 & friends were released, if you want it to make 5.1 (which is
> >not sure at all) please test every possible usecase, esp
> >lightning/enigmail.. ports at:
> >http://rhaalovely.net/cgit/mozilla-firefox/log/?h=beta
> >http://rhaalovely.net/cgit/mozilla-thunderbird/log/?h=beta
> >http://rhaalovely.net/cgit/seamonkey/log/?h=beta
> >http://rhaalovely.net/cgit/mozilla-firefox/log/?h=fennec
> >(all ports needs a small mozilla.port.mk diff, attached)
> >
> >packages against somewhat -current (ie gettext w/ libintl.6) in my repos > >: http://rhaalovely.net/stuff/amd64/ http://rhaalovely.net/stuff/i386/
> >
> >It builds & runs fine on ppc too, as of beta4..
> >
> >Landry
>
> Firefox tested on i386-current. No issues. Thanks.
>
> Firefox 10 is the first Firefox ESR[1]. Do you have some plan
> related to ESR releases?.
>
> 1. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/

ESR isn't really targeted to the average joe user, so unless there is a
real need and someone proves me he deploys OpenBSD desktops using
firefox in "large organizations such as universities and other schools,
county or city governments and businesses" and that he "sign up for the
Enterprise Working Group mailing list."..... in that case, _contract_ me
and i'll be happy to provide ESR ports/binaries for every supported
OpenBSD release.

It would be more work initially, but maybe it would be something easier
to maintain in the long run on -STABLE ?

This is the point for my question. I miss a secure and modern version of firefox in -stable. I know, I know, the development is realized in -current and the committers are overworked :) .

I asked you because I want know if you will create a port for firefox10 (www/firefox10, like www/firefox36) when firefox11 arrives. You will be able to drop the maintainership and someone interested could take this. No extra work for you.

I would like help with this, but I need learn well the port system before of getting involved in something like this.

Of course, ESR is supported _by mozilla_ on the platforms mozilla
supports, ie linux/win/macos/android, and by no means OpenBSD. Source
code is provided, but if it breaks/doesnt fit your expectations you're
on your own.

ESR doesn't really match the point releases previously seen in
3.5.x/3.6.x branches which received way more fixes. Oh well, we'll see
over time how it evolves.

Yes, time will tell.

Cheers.

--