Matthew Via writes:
> Attached is a port for sxiv, a lightweight tiling-wm friendly image viewer.
> This is my first port, so please let me know if there's anything I should
> change.

You can make the patch a lot shorter by setting MAKE_FLAGS appropriately
in the port Makefile (CC=${CXX}, etc.). Make sure it respects the user's
CFLAGS. There are also some spacing-only changes that make the patch hard
to read.

Don't hardcode /usr/local or /usr/X11R6. Use ${PREFIX} and ${X11BASE}
instead.

The Makefile should have an RCS id at the top. You get this for free by
whittling down /usr/ports/infrastructure/templates/Makefile.template
rather than starting from scratch.

Don't capitalize the first letter in COMMENT.

There are no regression tests, so set NO_REGRESS = Yes (otherwise
"make regress" gives an error).

Remember to run "make port-lib-depends-check". You forgot to set WANTLIB.

Attached is a cleaned-up version. On first use this seems like a nice
program, may replace feh for me...