On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 11:49:21AM +0100, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 06:56:37PM +0100, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it's been requested a few times, here's an xfce meta port to untar under
> > ports/meta, splitted into -main and -extras as it's done with gnome meta
> > port. Comments on what's shipped/separation between main and extras
> > welcome, feedback welcome too.
> >
> Thanks for doing it.
>
> I would have liked to see xfce4-battery in the main package because
> it's the  only app I use from extras.

Yeah, but it's not really useful on desktop computers... that's also why
i didn't put xfce4-power-manager in either of them. Likewise, i didn't
put x11/gigolo nor gvfs-samba, because not everyone uses GVfs... and i
didn't put xfprint, because not everyone kills trees :)

> But otoh, before looking at the exact contents, my feeling was "why
> bother with an -extras subpackage?" just put everything into the main
> one.

If i did that, i'm pretty sure i'd get complaints :) I've looked at what
other oses do, and most of them separate core/base from goodies, with a
somewhat similar separation.

Landry