On 2012/09/15 15:46, MERIGHI Marcus wrote:
> hello,
>
> I'm using abook 0.6.0pre2 (compiled myself) for years without problems;
> I did not find any hints on why there was no update to this version, but
> I guess it's due to the "beta" status since 2006-09-07. There seems to
> be very little action on abook since then.

More likely because the older version worked and nobody who uses it
felt the need to update ;)

> The reason to use 0.6.0pre2 for me was the customization thing.

I don't use it myself, but if you've tested and are happy with it,
I see no reason not to update.

> The one and only patch to the current ports version (patch-ui_c) has
> been applied upstream.

To send a diff with the removal, you can just do this:

(cd patches; cvs rm patch-ui_c)
cvs diff -uNp

(and It's usually best to remind people in an email accompanying the diff
to apply with patch -E if there any removed files).

> MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE would not work, the download location is not a
> regular sourceforge download like for the old version:
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/abook/abook-0.5.6.tar.gz
> but:
> http://abook.sourceforge.net/devel/abook-0.6.0pre2.tar.gz
> Anyone got experience with that one? Willing to share?

either of these should be fine:

MASTER_SITES= http://abook.sourceforge.net/devel/
MASTER_SITES= ${HOMEPAGE}devel/