On 2012/11/30 05:47, Brad Smith wrote:
> [...]

The gtk2 package is named deadbeef-gtk2-0.5.6, so it isn't considered
as a replacement for deadbeef-0.5.5, so pkg_add -u doesn't consult the
deadbeef-gtk2 package at all to even see the @pkgpath line.

One thing that could be done would be to name the -main package
something like deadbeef-core-0.5.6, name the -gtk2 package deadbeef-0.5.6,
remove @pkgpath in PLIST-main, add @pkgpath in PLIST-gtk2, and add @conflicts
as necessary.

More than this would need Quirks.pm to be able to do version comparisons
rather than the fast hash lookups, but doing those checks for every
updated package will slow down pkg_add -u ..