Very bad subject line, I almost did not read the thread, because
I thought you guys were talking about building cmake proper in parallel.

Anyways, there are TWO distinct points:
- problems with make -j.
- cmake not writing correct makefiles for parallel building without gmake.

I haven't looked too closely, I have NO IDEA which of the two issues we're
talking about (besides that, it might be a good idea to have a generator
that caters a bit more to our make, specifically, include subfile is now
part of posix.

As far as make -j is concerned, the main issue left is matching file paths
to targets. So if you see make saying "hey, I don't know how to build that"
or "target foo unaccounted for", that's probably it.