On 2013/01/09 10:11, LEVAI Daniel wrote:
> On k, jan 08, 2013 at 21:36:53 +0000, Tom Doherty wrote:
> > Hi
> > Update net/bitlbee to 3.2:
> [...]
> > Works for me with msn/jabber/oscar/sipe
> [...]
>
> Hi!
>
> It seems that this works here also; only tested msn, jabber and oscar
> protocols with the otr flavor.
>
> I've been meaning to ask if it would be okay to drop the gnutls dep.,
> and switch bitlbee to OpenSSL. I've been using it with it since 3.0 beta
> times and never had a problem, plus bitlbee would depend on one less pkg
> :) I'll cook up a diff if this can be considered.

I think that would be alright as the GPL has a clause like this:

"anything that is normally distributed...with the major components...of
the operating system on which the executable runs, unless that
component itself accompanies the executable."

So because OpenSSL is in base, and bitlbee is distributed separately
in packages, I think we are OK there.

(if it were not for this, we couldn't distribute packages, as GPL is
incompatible with the OpenSSL license; this is why several GPL projects
have specific exemptions for linking against OpenSSL).