On Mar 17 05:37:27, b...@comstyle.com wrote:
> This needs to have a sndio backend written before it can go in.

Right.

On Mar 17 12:08:59, es...@nerim.net wrote:
> > > Attached is a tarball for ctronome, a command line metronome.
>
> I don't know what ctronome does that make it useful.
> I wrote a small useful metronome program in the ports tree (called metronome).

Thank you, I didn't know about it.

Having looked at both, I think audio/metronome is way superior.
It's ~200 lines of clean, sndio-based code; ctronome is dsp via ossaudio.

> If there's a useful missing feature, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

The two features that ctronome has which metronome does not:

1) can use external wav file (-w) for the beeps;
   metronome computes the sine wave internaly.
   I don't consider it a miss really.

2) ctronome is "programmable", as in prog_example.txt
   But if you need to "program" your metronome, you should
   IMHO be already using a real drum machine anyway.

Some meh tweaks to metronome in a separate email.

        Jan