> Trying to work through the tutorial with this and I'm a bit confused
> about where files are being installed. This isn't helped by the tutorials
> seeming to be for older versions (we can't really do much about that),
> but the current set of @samples don't seem to make a lot of sense,
> I'll see if I can work out what's going on, but I get the impression
> @sample'ing things into inputs/ is fairly wrong..

I agree that @sample'ing files is fairly wrong, but some people were really
strong about it. I would rather instruct the user in the README how to do
a basic setup or refer to the "Cfengine Quick Start Guide".

It could be as simple as:

  To setup a policy hub perform the following steps:
  1. Create key-pair and necessary directories by executing cf-key
  2. Copy sample configuration files to /var/cfengine/masterfiles
  3. Edit configuration files accordingly
  4. Bootstrap hub with cf-agent --bootstrap --policy-server <own IP>

  To setup a client perform the following steps:
  1. Create key-pair and necessary directories by executing cf-key
  2. Bootstrap client with cf-agent --bootstrap --policy-server <hub IP>

During bootstrapping the files are copied from the masterfiles directory
on the policy host to the inputs directory on the clients. When the files
are successfully copied the host is bootstrapped.

During normal operation cf-agent will first execute update.cf which will
download the updated version of the configuration from the policy hub. The
second step is to execute promises.cf which contains the policy.

If you have any questions I'm happy to help.

Kind regards,

Martijn Rijkeboer