On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 09:36:40PM -0800, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> Dear ports@,
>
> I was adding the counts on the number of packages and categories for
> http://ports.su/ , and during my verification phase, I've noticed
> that the numbers didn't match with the total number of pages.
>
> Investigation revealed that out of 8618 packages and 68 categories
> from the recent amd64 snapshot (according to the sqlports-compact
> package), there are 3 strings that are present in both namespaces:
> lang/erlang, lang/mono and lang/node.
>
> This results in the packages being overwritten by the categories
> (since the categories are processed after the ports), thus causing
> for a total of 3 packages to be missing from ports-readmes.  The
> original in-tree /usr/ports/databases/ports-readmes is affected,
> too, not just my ports.su fork.  I'm not sure whether
> http://ports.su/databases/ports-readmes-dancer is affected.

No, it's not. Written completely differently, doesn't use the
same url structure, it's not affected at all.

> (For what it is worth, 3 is less than some 1632 packages that are
> missing from openports.se, but it is still 3 packages too many.)

> Are the namespaces expected to collide like that, and should be
> addressed within ports-readmes, or is this something that could be
> addressed on the http://ports.su/databases/sqlports level?
It's obviously an issue with the url structures of ports-readmes.

I'll see to it.

(I did mention to you several times that, in general, basing stuff
on ports-readmes dancer would be much nicer in general, the main
issue for your usage being to somehow be able to keep track of
several databases properly... which is something I'm pretty sure
you can ask help for)