Blargh, mush-mouth!  Sorry, been up since 3:00am because our furnace died...

Anyhoo, what I wanted to say is:

> Here is an updated patch with the portability improvments suggested by jca@.

... updated *diff* ...

> I'm only patching quilt/mail.in at the moment because that was the only place
> where I saw non-portable flags to the substitution command (but since I was
> there I decided to patch all invocations anyways).

Translation: I'm substituting every use of sed in quilt/main.in even though
only one or two actually used the non-portable flags.

> I'll send a larger diff upstream that actually fixes every invocation.

Said diff will substitute every use of sed in every script.