On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 05:09:15PM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 03/13/14 16:02, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado wrote:
> >On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 07:39:29PM +0100, Pascal Schmid wrote:
> >>port of the DOS shoot-em-up Tyrian
> >>
> >>Tested on amd64 and macppc (both -current)
> >>
> >I attached your ports with some changes. IMO, the ports are OK but I see
> >a problem in "data". Where the license says that we can distribute the
> >tarball and the distfile?
> >

> I'm not sure what you're asking here. I think there is some confusion
> because there is a license file inside the data .zip but the website it is
> downloaded from has the following:
>
> "Tyrian has been released as freeware by Jason Emery."
>
> So I'm not entirely sure what that means for us in terms of distribution.
> But this was a neat little game to waste an afternoon with, so ok for me
> after the license question gets resolved.

Just to clarify. Pascal, we need to know if we can distribute the
distfile from the openbsd servers and packaging the content of the
distfile. The comment above of PERMIT_* in "data" needs more info about
the permissions.

If it is not possible, you can add a README file to the opentyrian port
with the instructions to download and install the data files.

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info