On 2014-03-23 22:48:28, Landry Breuil <lan...@rhaalovely.net> wrote:
> Hi ports@,
>
> he's a diff to update audio/mpd to the latest 0.18.9, some notes:
>
> - it adds a dependency on gcc 4.8 because code was rewritten
>   c++11-style. There are discussions to reimport mpd 0.17 as
> audio/mpd017 for architectures not having gcc 4.8 (ie anything besides
> i386/amd64/macppc/sparc64)
> - for some reason here mpd inexplicably stops playing after ending a
>   track, and 'mpc play' or telnetting to 6600 and issuing 'play' doesnt
> resume it, it still seems to think it's playing. I need to kill it and
> restart it for another track to properly play. Anyone experiencing this ?
> Tried with/without random/consume modes.
>
> Please test this..

I think I'm seeing the same bug here:

OpenBSD 5.5-current (GENERIC.MP) #5: Tue Mar 18 16:19:15 MDT 2014
    dera...@i386.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP

It works fine for a while, but then MPD will play a song and then
stop, but if I seek to right before the end of the song, it will
continue on to play another song, but only one more before
stopping.

Sonata (the frontend I use) displays the old song's name and
length while playing the new song.  Seeking anywhere will
immediately seek to that spot in the previous song, whereupon if I
click to right before the end, it will go on to play the new song
again.

If the first song it gets stuck on is longer than the
second, clicking on a spot on the progress bar beyond the length
of the second song will cause the second song to repeat instead.
Only by clicking somewhere in the progress bar that is within the
limits of second song will it repeat the first.

I.e. First song is 20 seconds long, second in 40 seconds long.
When second song starts to play, clicking one-quarter of the way
will go back to the first song, clicking three-quarters of the way
will loop the second song.

It definitely seems like something weird is happening behind the
scenes, especially since I can play about 10 songs or so before it
starts exhibiting this bug.

--
Bryan