On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:10:17 AM Vadim Zhukov wrote:
> See the pkg_create(1), particularily the "VARIABLE SUBSTITUTION AND
> FRAGMENT INCLUSION" part.
>
> Also, please note that in OpenBSD we usually try to minimize both
> number of options and number of optional FLAVORs.
>
> And the final note: are you sure you want "core" and "client" as
> FLAVORs, and not as MULTI_PACKAGES? See the detailed description of
> the latter in the bsd.port.mk(5).
>
> --
>   WBR,
>   Vadim Zhukov
Well, they can each be installed together or separately, have no dependency on
each other, but for some reason, the core still wants to install an icon.

I figured it'd be easier to just have them as flavors, and default to
installing
all three.  It's a distributed IRC client, so it will not work as designed
without a core running somewhere.. a client running somewhere.  Now, the
monolithic version simply runs the core internally alongside the client.  This
is useful for people who simply like the UI but don't want to have to configure
a server for it.  Now, with that said, I suppose I could do away with the
monolithic option on OpenBSD.  Now, how a couple of Linux distributions do
this is they have a "quassel" package with all the common stuff, and "quassel-
mono/server/client" packages that all require the quassel package.

The way FreeBSD handles it is, the package simply installs all three parts no
matter what, and the ports system has options for building whatever part you
may actually want.  I was hoping to be able to use OpenBSD's flavors to make
this a little more binary-friendly...

Chuck

Chuck