On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 01:51:08AM -0600, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> I plan to commit the diff as-is the next day or so, since I already have
> an ok from Landry. The preferences situation is a shame, but a 1000-line
> patch to give it English names is just not practical to maintain and
> there doesn't seem to be any other tangible solution at the moment.

Pretty sure the 1000-lines patch can be replaced by some post-patch
target, nicely crafted so that:
- loop on gtk/res/options.gtk2.ui, for each <property name="label">
  entry, read the key
- grep for that key in resources/FatMessages, fetch the value
- insert the said value in-place in gtk/res/options.gtk2.ui

There, problem solved, no need for a patch, and its working for every
future version :)

Landry