On 10/12/14 13:08, Stuart Cassoff wrote:
> On 09/26/14 10:46, Stuart Cassoff wrote:

>>> Here are diffs for everything concerned.
>>> Added missing modtcl vars and did a bit of rearranging in port-modules.5.
>>> Described MODTCL_MINVERSION and MODTCL_MODPATH.
>>> Removed the rest package from tcllib; it needs tDOM which we don't
>>> currently have.
>>> Saves installing 51 directories and 51 pkgIndex.tcl files.
>>>

>> Another way to do this would be to change the Tcl module
>> dirs to be like modules/85 instead of modules/8.5, then
>> the MODTCL_MODPATH stuff wouldn't be needed.
>>

> Here are the diffs for doint it this way. Simpler.
> Also simplified the existing layout Tcl itself:
> removes a couple of dirs, shortens module path.
> Also a fix for TkCon.

The more that Tcl Modules are leveraged the better things are for everyone:
smaller OpenBSD packages with less files and faster Tcl package loading in Tcl.

There will shortly be releases of 8.5.17 and 8.6.3.
I already have updated ports based on the rc's.
I'd really like to get this in now, before the coming update.

Finally, I've been at this for almost a year.
It would be nice to finish and move on.

Stu