It sounds like a useful thing, not sure how hard it would be under
OpenBSD.  It takes USB traffic and routes it over TCP/IP from one
computer to another.  So something like a webcam or SDR dongle could
be upstairs and you're watching it downstairs.  You could possibly
control/access remote devices over the internet if your connection was
good enough.

They had it working for Linux and Windows but it seems to have been
abandoned about 2011.  As written it uses sysfs, which even Linux
abandoned, I haven't looked at what they used it for exactly.  It's
looking for /usr/include/sysfs/libsysfs.h which I don't have even on
my Raspberry Pi, the only Linux box I've got.

The SF page: http://usbip.sourceforge.net/

  Alan
--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX