Matthieu Herrb, 05 Apr 2015 15:22:
> On Sun, Apr 05, 2015 at 12:59:40PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2015/04/05 13:24, frantisek holop wrote:
> > >
> > > there seems to be a problem with the powerline
> > > fonts after the update to use the new fonts
> > > directory:
> > >
> > > $ xset +fp /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline
> > > xset:  bad font path element (#0), possible causes are:
> > >     Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
> > >     Directory missing fonts.dir
> > >     Incorrect font server address or syntax
> > >
> > > i don't recall this being a problem before
> > >
> > > -f
> > > --
> > > not breaking the rules, just testing the elasticity...
> > >

> > X snaps are behind, at the moment you need to build new libfontconfig
> > from xenocara.
> >

> It does not look like its a problem related to the recent change to
> /usr/local/share/fonts at all.
>
> xset +fp (server side rendered fonts) and libfontconfig (client side
> rendered fonts) have not much in common. I don't think the outdated
> xenocara snapshot  is the problem either.
>
> The issue looks like it's caused by the fact that there is no
> fonts.dir in /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline. The fonts.{dir,scale}
> files are created in each sub-directory of the former directory. And
> pkg_add tells me to add them separately:
>
> You may wish to update your font path for
> /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline/InconsolataDz
> /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline/AnonymousPro
> /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline/DejaVuSansMono
> /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline/LiberationMono
> /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline/SourceCodePro
> /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline/Terminus
> /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline/DroidSansMono
> /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline/Meslo
> /usr/local/share/fonts/powerline/Inconsolata
>
> I don't know if the previous version of the package behaved
> differently, but looking at the CVS changelog I don't think so.

strange, i thought i tried adding them individually
and got the same error message.  but i tried again,
and it works.  however the font itself is not
recognized by urxvt or firefox.  do i have to
rerun fc-cache or some other tool?

here is my previous .xsession, before the path change:

xset +fp /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/Droid
xset +fp /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/fira
xset +fp /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/powerline

this worked.  also, better for lazy people :)

-f
--
part-time musicians are semiconductors.