On 2015-07-12, Dave Vandervies <dj3va...@terse.ca> wrote:

>> In case anyone is interested, devel/arm-none-eabi/newlib broke in my
>> bulk because gmkdir was detected at configure time (and junked by dpb
>> later on).
>
> Quick fix:  Make coreutils an explicit build dependency so dpb knows
> something is using it.

Yikes, no.  The quick fix is to jam in a configure override
(ac_cv_path_mkdir or such) and figure out why this isn't already
picked up by default.

Judging from a brief look, our special configure settings aren't
applied because a sub-configure script is called during the build
stage.  IIRC, there are a whole bunch of compiler/binutils ports
that suffer this problem.

> In general, is there a way to identify things that would get picked up if
> they're there but that wouldn't normally be installed on the system I'm
> working on that works better than waiting for somebody else to notice?

Nothing practical.  You could read and consider each line of the
configure output.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de