On 11/15/15 18:04, Jeremy Evans wrote:
There's various ports that don't build without modifications
(textproc/ruby-nokogiri) or that have issues at runtime with ruby
2.3.0-preview1 (www/ruby-capybara).  Hopefully these issues will be fixed
before the ruby 2.3.0 final release, but they aren't a bug in the port as
far as I know.  If you believe this is a bug in the port itself, please
provide a diff or at least a reason why you think that.

I believe this is a bug in the port, because of the error:

> /usr/ports/pobj/ruby-2.3.0-preview1/bin/install: not found

It seems Ruby is somehow passing the install command to the gem with the build path of ruby-2.3.0-preview1 prepended.

Note that the json gem ships with ruby since 1.9.  Instead of bundle
install, try:

   gem23 install -G ~/.gem --conservative

Thanks, but the bug occurs in various other gems as well, including sqlite3.

Thanks.

Frank