On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 11:45:26 +1100
Jonathan Gray <j...@jsg.id.au> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 09:26:50PM +0100, Adam Wolk wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 11:57:35 +1100
> > Jonathan Gray <j...@jsg.id.au> wrote:

> > > I think we should just drop the quakeforge ports and add
> > > quakespasm for quake1 and Yamagi Quake II.
> > >
> > > I've attached the yquake2 port again, there is some clipping in
> > > the sound but that seems to be a problem found with other users
> > > of openal as well so it's probably a bug in the openal sndio
> > > backend.
> >
> > I second this opinion. The quake 2 port is failing for me with the
> > same sndio error on -current amd64. I'm currently trying out
> > yquake2 which already looks far more promising apart from the weird
> > decision to provide binaries as:
> >
> > @bin share/yquake2/q2ded
> > @bin share/yquake2/quake2
>
> That's because it has to run relative to the data files scripts
> in ${LOCALBASE}/bin could be added as
>
> #!/bin/sh
> cd /usr/local/share/yquake2
> exec /usr/local/libexec/quake2 "$@"
>

> > I also wasn't able to get quake 1 running with anything available in
> > the ports tree, am I missing something?
>
> games/quake is an old version of quakeforge, quakespasm seems to
> work well here:
>
> https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/tree/master/games/quakespasm

I got both ports working (yquake2 & quakespasm) with my data files on
amd64 -current snap from 25th November. I used the openbsd-wip port
for quakespasm.

I would really love to see both included in the ports tree. Don't know
why anyone would ever want the old ports as they seem to be defunct.

Regards,
Adam