On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 02:29:03AM +1100, Joel Sing wrote:
> This brings me to the next issue/topic - installing additional packages under
> /usr/local/go is probably a bad idea.

My recollection is that the other issues you mentioned were necessary in order
to make this work.  So if everyone agrees to a fix for this then I believe
the others just go away.

> There are likely two options - we could install packages in a separate
> location (e.g. /usr/local/go-pkg) and then when code is built it is added to
> GOPATH. Alternatively, the code is fetched and built when the binary is built

I think option #1 (install packages in a separate location and then add it to
GOPATH) is our only choice because ports shouldn't fetch anything during
builds.  Is it possible to just add /usr/local/go-pkg to GOPATH and then have
Go automatically pick up anything installed correctly under that directory?
Or would we add each dependency installed under /usr/local/go-pkg to GOPATH
separately?  Alternatively, we could just roll & host our own distfiles that
include all of the dependencies.  I thought about doing that for
net/websocketd, but ultimately decided it would be ok to install a library
from the golang.org/x/net package in /usr/local/go.  Sorry!  :)