On 2015/12/08 23:59, Patrik Lundin wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 10:41:07PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> >
> > I see it in perfdhcp. Actually it looks like there's another option, we can
> > instead use CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-openssl - which would you prefer?
> >
> > $ objdump -p ../fake-amd64/usr/local/sbin/perfdhcp
> >
> [...]
> >   NEEDED      libbotan-1.10.so.1.0
> [...]
>
> It is not being required on my (clean) system, did you have the library
> installed previously when building the port? Of course we should make sure
> only
> one path is choosen anyway.

Yes - and this will sometimes be the case in package builds, so if it's not
registered then we'll either have build failures (DPB has a 'junking' stage
run periodically where it removes packages during the build if they're not
a known dependency of anything currently being built) or runtime failures
(if packages are produced which are built against botan and the user doesn't
have that installed).

> I have posted a question to kea-dev regarding this:
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/kea-dev/2015-December/000588.html
>
> Let's see how that goes.

Good idea.