On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 12:09:38PM +0100, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> On Sun Dec 20, 2015 at 05:00:06PM +0100, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> > Hey @ports,
> >
> > my second try to push my favorite XMPP console client (with dependency
> > lib). The port based on Brian Callahan work in openbsd-wip. (Okay to
> > take maintainer).  All tests passed and worked well over months for me.
> >
> > I rewrite some patches more generic sent upstream with good feedback
> > from libstrophe (advice from Antoine Jacoutot).
> >

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Rafael
> >
> > net/profanity:
> >
> > Profanity is a console based XMPP client written in C using ncurses and
> > libstrophe, inspired by irssi.
> >
> > Features:
> >
> > * Supports XMPP chat services, including Google Talk and Facebook.
> > * Command driven user interface.
> > * Customizable functionality and user interface.
> > * OTR (Off The Record) message encryption.
> > * Chat room support.
> > * Roster management.
> > * Flexible resource and priority settings.
> > * Desktop notifications.
> > * Unicode support.
> > * Integrated DuckDuckGo searching.
> > * Send tiny URLs.
> >
> > net/libstrophe:
> >
> > libstrophe is a minimal XMPP library written in C. It has almost no
> > external dependencies, only an XML parsing library (expat or libxml are
> > both supported). It is designed for both POSIX and Windows systems.

I think net/libstrophe is almost ready to go.  It would be nice to
make a brief annotation why you removed rc/thread.{c,h} in Makefile.am.
While there, I would omit the second part of that patch (this removes
only trailing whitespace, so it is only noise).

'make lib-depends-check' notes that 'pthread' is extra, so I think it
should be removed from WANTLIB.

As for profanity, I can confirm that it works fine, but there is a bit
more work to do:

$ make lib-depend-dest

gives me quite a few remarks, so that should be cleaned up:

[...]
profanity-0.4.7(net/profanity):
Missing lib: uuid.14 (/usr/local/bin/profanity) (NOT REACHABLE)
Extra:  X11.16 Xss.6 crypto.37 expat.11 gdk_pixbuf-2.0.3200
Extra:  gio-2.0.4200 gobject-2.0.4200 iconv.6 notify.4 ssl.38
*** Error 1 in target 'port-lib-depends-check' (ignored)