On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 09:34:13PM +0100, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
> Landry Breuil said:
> > Im not sure 'feature-set-wise' that it's worth adding the complexity of
> > a FLAVOR.
>
> Flavors were supposed to address the "half GNOME" issue.

Sure, but in that particular case it turned into 'do you want your mime
detection to be done with gtk+ (booooo gnome blooaaat) or with libmagic
(booooo full of security issues)' :)

Honestly, try both implementations, figure out which one 'performs'
better in termes of filetype detection, and choose the less worst :) or
just disable the feature if it not used much/broken.

Doing a FLAVOR for this is just overkill, as 99% of the users wont know
which one to choose (shall we build both by default?), and expect a
non-no_x11 flavor to have some kind of GUI..

Landry