On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Michael McConville <mm...@mykolab.com> wrote:
> Karel Gardas wrote:
>> This is a sign of not so correct network configuration. MICO is really
>> picky about it so it should be able to resolve your host name/IP
>> address. What's failing precisely in the assert above is that it's not
>> able to get IP for your hostname. Can you confirm that this is the
>> case?
>
> Confirmed. I hadn't considered that my hostname could affect a package
> build.  :-)
>
> I don't know anything about Mico, so I'll stay out of the patching
> process.

The problem is simple: one part of build process is building
CORBA/MICO services. For this you need IDL compiler which translates
service interfaces (IDL) into target language (C++). The IDL compiler
itself is CORBA/MICO application (to be able to upload IDL files into
the interface repository which is also CORBA application). So IDL
compiler initializes CORBA/MICO and for this unfortunately (on MICO
side) you need to have correct hostname/ip setup.

Workaround for this may be to use -ORBNoResolve on IDL compiler
command-line. I have not tested this since all my hosts are OK from
this issue, but perhaps you can on your build host?